All performances are taking place under strict safety and hygiene measures, to continuously contribute to the containment of infections with Covid-19.
STAATSOPER UNTER DEN LINDEN
- A performance visit at Staatsoper Unter den Linden is currently only possible for persons with a negative Covid-19-test result or for those who are fully vaccinated or have proof of a full recovery from the illness. Please keep your ID card and one of the following ready for inspection upon entry:
- Current, negative test result (PCR-test max. 48h ago or antigen rapid test that has been taken under 24 hours ago under supervision) with a personalized certificate in print or digital. Please note that selftests are not approved.
- Vaccination certificate to proof a full immunization (as of 14 days after the last vaccination) with a vaccine that is licensed in the EU.
- In case of a recovery from COVID-19 infection: proof of a positive PCR-test result, which is at least 28 days old and no older than 6 months. If the recovery was more than 6 months ago, additional proof of at least one vaccination that has been given at least 14 days ago with an EU-licensed vaccine is required.
- Children under the age of six are exempt from compulsory tests.
- Pupils who are subject to regular testing in the context of school attendance have to identify themselves by means of their pupil ID card or BVG card. Pupils who are not regularly tested as part of their school attendance, must provide evidence of a negative test result. During official holidays the identification via pupil ID card or BVG card is sufficient, no additional test result is required.
You can find an overview of the all approved test centers in Berlin here: www.test-to-go.berlin
Furthermore, we recommend the use of the Corona-Warn-App
We offer no testing on site!
- Identification requirement & personal data – The collection of your contact data (name, birthdate, postal address, telephone number and email address) when buying tickets is used to track contacts and quickly break chains of infection. The current hygiene concept from the administration of the senate for culture and Europe offers you the following methods to give us your contact information:
- Check-in via Luca or Corona-Warn-App
For every performance, an individual QR-code will be generated which can be scanned prior to the start of performance at the entrance via the Luca- or the Corona-Warn-App. All necessary data (like for example the place of the event, date, kind of event and, where applicable, the start and end) will be stored coded and locally on your smartphone and will not be sent to the organizer of the event.
- Fill in the contact-tracking-form in advance and bring it in print
Please bring the following contact-tracking-form for your visit: Download contact-tracking-form
You can also get the form at our evening desk or with the entrance service staff.
Please fill in your name, birthdate, postal address, telephone number and email address. The data will be collected by our evening service and kept safe for the duration of two weeks, after which it will be destroyed. The information will be used only to trace possible chains of infection and will be given to the health department upon request and will not be given to third parties.
- Check-in via Luca or Corona-Warn-App
- If you buy a ticket for someone else (e.g. as a gift), this person has to check-in via Luca-App, Corona-Warn-App or the contact-tracking-form as well, in order to guarantee a seamless allocation of all tickets.
HERE (74.05 kB, pdf) you can find further information about the costumer data collection when buying tickets.
- Obligation to wear a mouth-and-nose-mask –Inside of the opera house you are obligated to wear a medical mask. The obligation to wear the mask does not apply when sitting on your booked seat. However, we sincerely recommend to wear the mask during the whole performance as well to keep yourself and others safe. When visiting an event in our smaller venue Alter Orchesterprobensaal, the mask has to be worn during your whole stay.
If you cannot wear a mask due to health conditions (e.g. asthma, heavy pulmonary diseases etc.), you are obligated to bring an according medical attestation. We have to inform you that not wearing a mask results in a higher risk for infection.
Further exemptions from the obligation to wear a mask are children under the age of six as well as deaf people and their assistants who help in communication.
- Adhere to general hygiene rules – Be considerate of other visitors as well as our staff by following the sneeze and cough etiquette, please maintain the minimum distance to those around you (at least 1,5 meters, except when sitting on your booked seat).and, of course, wash your hands regularly.
At the Staatsoper Unter den Linden, the minimum distance between seats has been lifted. In the venues Alter Orchesterprobensaal and Probebühne 1 a safety distance of 1 meter between the seats is maintained for the according events. For the conditions at our guest performances in other venues, such as for example the Philharmonie Berlin, the Pierre-Boulez-Saal or the Bode-Museum, we will inform you through our service mail.
The sanitary facilities on all levels of the opera house are open. Furthermore, you can find disinfectant dispensers in the entrance areas of the opera house.
REST ASSURED THAT
- The opera house is equipped with a modern ventilation system. The supply air consists of 100% fresh air (outside air), no recirculated air is supplied. The air volume flow in the audience hall is approx. 46,000 m³/h, in the Apollosaal approx. 7,700 m³/h. The orientation value of the personal occupational safety standard of the VBG corresponds to 50 m³/h. With a current seating capacity of 550 seats, the air volume flow in the audience hall is 84 m³/h/person and 96 m³/h/person for 80 persons in the Apollosaal.
- All neuralgic points or rather areas in our facilities will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected daily.
- We are implementing all medical recommendations, which have been given by the authorities, concerning the social interaction and cooperation with other people. They are controlled regularly and updated accordingly.
- All employees, the entrance staff and artists are tested regularly according to our hygiene concept.
- If you are experiencing signs of illness yourself, which might point to an infection with COVID-19 (fever, cold, cough or similar), please stay at home and do not visit our performances! People that have been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days are not allowed to visit our performances, as well. The same counts for people that have been in contact with a person, who is or was infected with COVID-19 (documented or assumed), within the last 14 days and who are classified as a contact person 1 according to the guidelines of the Robert Koch Institute.
- You can find further information, rules of conduct and recommendations about the protection from Coronavirus on the website of Bundeszentrale für gesundheitliche Aufklärung: www.infektionsschutz.de/coronavirus/verhaltensregeln.html.
HOW DOES THE TICKET BOOKING AT THE STAAATSOPER WORK?
Book your tickets as usual online
BOX OFFICE IN THE FOYER OF THE STAATSOPER UNTER DEN LINDEN*
Unter den Linden 7
Open daily from 12pm until one hour prior to the start of the evening’s performance (no sale for other dates at the evening desk), on days without an event until 7pm.
EVENING DESK opens one hour prior to the start of the performance
For the entrance to the events, please bring your ticket, your ID card and the certificate of a negative test result, full vaccination or recovery.
Furthermore, all visitors have to register their contact data when visiting an event.
WHAT PROOF DO I HAVE TO SHOW?
You will receive entrance to the performance only with one of the following certificates:
Antigen rapid test or PCR-test: written or electronic certificate of a negative test result of a Point-of-Care (PoC)-antigen-test for infection with corona virus, no older than 24 hours (48hours for PCR-tests). You can find a list of Berlin test centers online: www.test-to-go.berlin. Selftests are not approved. If your test result is positive, please go into isolation immediately and inform the relevant authorities as well as our ticket office. In this case, you will receive a full refund against presentation of your test result.
Vaccination: Please bring a certificate of an immunization with a vaccine against Covid-19, which is registered in the European Union, of which the last needed vaccination has been given at least 14 days ago.
Proof of recovery: certificate of a positive PCR-test result proving an infection with coronavirus more than six months ago in combination with at least one vaccination against Covid-19 with a vaccine that is registered in the European Union and which was given at least 14 days ago. OR proof of a positive PCR-test result for infection with coronavirus at least 28 days old but no older than 6 months.
WHAT DO I HAVE TO PROVE WHEN I ATTEND A PERFORMANCE WITH MINORS?
Children up to the age of six are exempt from the general proof and testing requirements and from wearing a mask.
Pupils who are subject to regular testing in the context of school attendance have to identify themselves by means of their pupil ID card or BVG card. Pupils who are not regularly tested as part of their school attendance, must provide evidence of a negative test result. During official holidays the identification via pupil ID card or BVG card is sufficient, no additional test result is required.
WHAT HAPPENS IF THE PERFORMANCE GETS CANCELLED?
The realization of the performances in the big hall is subject to the according state approvals. If changes of plan have to be taken due to permissions not being given, rising incidence numbers and/or other contrary specifications by the senate, you will of course receive a full refund.