All performances are still taking place under safety and hygiene measures, to continuously contribute to the containment of infections with COVID-19.
STAATSOPER UNTER DEN LINDEN
The performances at the Staatsoper Unter den Linden will take place as planned. Currently the capacity in the main hall is reduced to 75%. The minimum distance between seats has been lifted.
For safety measures a test in preparation of your visit is recommended.
Obligation to wear a mask
You are no longer obligated to wear a mask inside of the main hall and Apollosaal at Staatsoper Unter den Linden.
However, we still recommend to wear a medical or FFP2-mask during your visit – this also applies for the stay in your seat.
For performances at Probebühne 1 or Alter Orchesterprobensaal at Staatsoper Unter den Linden, the wearing of a FFP2-mask is still compulsory, also during the performance when you are in your seat.
For children after their sixth birthday and before their 14th birthday applies the obligation to wear a medical mask. Children up to the age of six are exempted from the obligation to wear a mask.
If you cannot wear a mask due to health conditions (e.g. asthma, heavy pulmonary diseases etc.), you are obligated to bring an according medical attestation. We have to inform you that not wearing a mask results in a higher risk for infection.
Further exemptions from the obligation to wear a mask are deaf people and their assistants who help in communication.
In our other venues, such as the Pierre Boulez Saal, the Philharmonie Berlin or Bode-Museum, the respective applying hygiene measures might differ. Please contact the venues directly for more information or refer to our service emails.
Adhere to general hygiene rules
Be considerate of other visitors as well as our staff by still following the sneeze and cough etiquette, please maintain the minimum distance to those around you (at least 1,5 meters, except when sitting in your booked seat) and, of course, wash your hands regularly. The sanitary facilities on all levels of the opera house are open. Furthermore, you can find disinfectant dispensers in the entrance areas of the opera house.
REST ASSURED THAT
- The opera house is equipped with a modern ventilation system. The supply air consists of 100% fresh air (outside air), no recirculated air is supplied. All neuralgic points or rather areas in our facilities will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected daily.
- We are implementing all medical recommendations, which have been given by the authorities, concerning the social interaction and cooperation with other people. They are controlled regularly and updated accordingly.
- All employees, the entrance staff and artists are vaccinated, tested or recover according to our hygiene concept.
- Visitors who have symptoms of a respiratory infection of any severity are not allowed to participate in the events.
- For persons suffering from a COVID-19 infection, the regulations on isolation in accordance with Berlin’s SARS-CoV-2-Basis Protection Measures Ordinance apply.
- You can find further information, rules of conduct and recommendations about the protection from Coronavirus on the website of Bundeszentrale für gesundheitliche Aufklärung: www.infektionsschutz.de/coronavirus/verhaltensregeln.html.
- The realization of the performances is subject to the according state approvals. If changes of plan have to be taken due to permissions not being given, rising incidence numbers and/or other contrary specifications by the senate, you will of course receive a full refund.